“Glorious things are said of you, O city of God” (Ps 87:3).
“One thing I ask, this alone I seek,” says the psalmist, “to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and contemplate his temple” (Ps 27:4).
These Scriptures, and countless others, are fulfilled in the flesh and blood of Mary, which became God’s city, God’s dwelling place. But for far too many Catholics, Mary remains an abstraction, a blue plaster statue, a disincarnate hyper-pious “ideal” far removed from the realities of daily life and the visceral desires of the human heart. Who is Mary, really? “Who is this who comes forth like the dawn, beautiful as the moon, pure as the blazing sun, fearsome as celestial visions?” (Song of Songs 6:10).
Through the lens of St. John Paul II’s TOB and with the help of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the insights of countless saints and mystics throughout the ages, this online course seeks to answer that question in such a way as to show what the most influential woman in all of human history means to us here and now, today, in our own personal lives, with all our questions, struggles, and longings. It will demonstrate how all the Marian doctrines of the Church and the call of true devotion to the Mother of God have one and only one goal: to lead us to deeper union with the Word who was made flesh in her womb.
All our week-long retreats include:
- Five days of learning & interactive lecture (30 hours of master’s level instruction)
- Fantastic workbook so you can focus on receiving vs. note-taking
- Daily Mass, adoration, and confession
- Accommodations & delicious meals
- Time for relaxation and networking
- Gorgeous grounds to soak in God’s natural beauty
- Optional round trip shuttle from Philadelphia International Airport